Ethics Committee Permission is required for studies to be published as of 2020 in line with the decisions taken by Ulakbim TR Index. Ethics committee approval must be obtained separately for research in all scientific fields, including social and human sciences, and for clinical and experimental studies on humans and animals that require an ethical committee decision, this approval must be stated and documented in the papers.
In studies requiring ethics committee approval, information about the permission (name of the board, date and number) should be included in the method section and also on the first / last page of the paper. Papers should include a statement that the Research and Publication Ethics are complied.
Studies requiring Ethics Committee Permission are listed below. When uploading your manuscript to Journal of Economics, Politics & Finance Research, you must upload the Ethics Committee Permission document along with your paper file. If your study is not included in the study group requiring ethics committee approval, you must sign the declaration form indicating this situation and state the situation in the text of the paper.
Studies Requiring Ethics Committee Permission:
- All kinds of research conducted with qualitative or quantitative approaches that require data collection from participants using questionnaires, interviews, focus group work, observation, experimentation, interview techniques.
- Use of humans and animals (including material / data) for experimental or other scientific purposes,
- Clinical studies on humans,
- Research on animals,
- Retrospective studies in accordance with the law on protection of personal data
- Stating that "informed consent form" was obtained in case presentations,
- Obtaining and specifying permission from the owners for the use of scales, surveys and photographs belonging to others,
- Stating that the copyright regulations are complied with for the intellectual and artistic works used
Should retrospective Ethics Committee Permission be obtained for publications produced from work and thesis completed in previous years?
Retrospective ethics committee approval is not required for papers that have used research data before 2020, that have been produced from master's / doctoral studies (should be specified in the article), which have been published in the journal in the previous year, accepted but not yet published.
With these rules of TR Index, are there restrictions on publications made outside the universities?
No. Researchers who are not members of the university can also apply to the Ethics Committees in their regions.